The Enel Group currently operates in over 30 countries on 5 continents, with an installed capacity of around 85 GW, around 2.2 million kilometers of distribution lines and approximately 64 million customers. The Company operates in Europe, North and Central America, South America, Africa and Asia. The Company’s main information is presented on pages 2-3.
An organizational structure based on a Business Line/Geography matrix makes it possible to manage the complexity linked to a rapidly changing scenario, thereby creating synergies and value over the long term. It is an integrated model based on digitalization and low-carbon scenario.
Main organizational changes
The main organizational changes that took place during the 2017 fiscal year are as follows:
- acquisition in January 2017 of 100% of Demand Energy Networks, a USbased company specialized in intelligent software solutions and energy storage systems;
- acquisition in February 2017 of about 94.8% of the share capital of Enel Distribuição Goiás (formerly CELG-D)1, a power distribution company that operates in the Brazilian state of Goiás. The remaining shares were offered to the company’s current and retired employees through a process that in May enabled Enel to purchase the shares not Vedi l’Allegato al Bilancio Indicatori di Performance 1 In March 2018 the Brazilian company Celg Distribuição changed its name to Enel Distribuição Goiás. bought by those employees;
- acquisition in May 2017 of 100% of Tynemouth Energy Storage, a British company operating in the electricity storage sector;
- acquisition, in August 2017, of the acquisition of 100% of the EnerNOC Group following the acceptance of Enel Green Power North America’s offer to the previous shareholders;
- acquisition in October 2017 of 100% of eMotorWerks, a US company operating in electric mobility management systems.
An integrated model based on digitalization and low-carbon scenario
1 In March 2018 the Brazilian company Celg Distribuição changed its name to Enel Distribuição Goiás.